Through collaborations with various clients in the United States, Canada and Europe, Tetra Tech CSO has completed more than 20 real time control (RTC) evaluation and design studies to optimize long term control plans (LTCPs) and determine the potential for RTC. Through these projects, Tetra Tech CSO has built specialized tools and methodologies that allow usto evaluate a wide range of solutions to comply with LTCP objectives, at the lowest possible cost. Our RTC designs combine field monitoring, hydrological and hydraulic modeling and simulations, weather forecasting, data management, automation, optimization, and operational decision support into a comprehensive solution that help our clients to:
- Maximize the use of their system’s conveyance and storage capacities;
- Optimize the use of their treatment plant capacity and design;
- Reduce the overall cost of their overflow control program;
- Prioritize the protection of the most sensitive receiving waters and the control of the heaviest pollutant loads;
- Protect against flooding.
Our key services for RTC design include:
- RTC feasibility studies for networks of any size;
- System and flow optimization;
- Definition of control strategies and rules;
- Design of control facilities and devices;
- Selection and design of control instrumentation;
- Analysis of operation and maintenance;
- Design of decision support systems;
- Automated reporting and analytical tools;
- Assistance with regulatory authorities.