The Ministry of Transports Quebec (MTQ) has signed a P3 agreement with a private partner for maintenance, repair and operation of Highway 30. The Ministry therefore requires a complete and systematic inspection of all Highway 30 (A-30) infrastructures in order to document their conditions and to support any future litigation.
Tetra Tech CSO’s infrastructure asset visualization tool, ContexVTM, provides high quality image records of the inspections, a secured web-portal for efficient project coordination and information sharing among various MTQ stakeholders, consultants and contractors, as well as detailed geographic and visual reference of any structural defects for clear interpretation of inspection forms and diligent follow-ups. More specifically, the project activities included:
- Geo-referenced, high definition photographic survey of 100% of the surfaces of 21 highway structures, using “off the shelf” photographic material (i.e. camera, tripod, tripod head);
- Processing of digital photographs (stitching, HDRi compilation, tiling, previewing) to maximize the image quality and allow for virtual tour of inspection through a WEB application;
- Automated entry of GIS coordinates, angular references, and other important referencing information in the ContexV database;
- Software development and configuration to the MTQ’s specific requirements;
- Publication of the photographs through a secure and personalized ContexV WEB portal;
- Hosting of WEB portal;
- Technical support.
- Offers a complete, systematic and compelling way to document and share asset inspections;
- Link and reference all information to client’s current specifications or procedures (i.e. inspection form and equipment lists);
- Allows a photographic virtual tour of the assets without leaving the office;
- Allows for temporal navigation of asset conditions in chronological order.